Thursday, March 26, 2015

021. | Current Beauty Obsessions, Vol. 2


Two months ago, I shared a set of products I'd been faithfully using in my beauty routine. (Click here to read that post.) Since then, I've updated my makeup bag with new and old products alike, and have discovered some great skincare, hair care, and body care products. Keep reading to discover the ten product I haven't been able to live without.


  • Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +: I discovered this Clinique moisturizer when I picked up The Best of Clinique, a set of sample sized skincare products from the brand. (Click here to view that post.) This moisturizer is on the heavier end of daytime moisturizers. It has a thick, almost gel-like texture that slowly absorbs into the skin for ultimate hydration. Although my skin is combination/oily, it has been a bit dry in the frigid cold weather. This will probably be too moisturizing for me once summer is here, but I'm loving it for winter.
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Color Correcting: I'm not going to go into great detail about this product because I recently did a full review, which you can read by clicking here. I like this primer because it creates a smooth canvas for foundation, neutralizes pink undertones in my skin, and keeps my T-Zone from overproducing oil.
  • theBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder: I had never been a fan of translucent powders because they never seemed to do anything for my skin. However, this powder from theBalm is magic. It gives my skin an almost airbrushed effect, and keeps my T-Zone matte for a good portion of the day.


  • theBalm Balmsai Palette: This has been my go-to palette as of late. With a mix of neutral shimmer and matte shades, and a few fun pops of color, this is my perfect palette. It's easy to create a super natural look or something deep and smokey, and everything in between. 
  • MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Impressive: Impressive is a such a versatile lipstick. It is a glossy rose brown that can be paired with a simple daytime look, or a dark, dramatic nighttime look. If you're looking to pick up a new shade from MAC, I think this would work well on most people. Check out this post for more details.
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherry Blossom: I've been searching for a subtle red lipstick forever, and finally found it! Although the color is a bright, true red, the satin finish makes it more wearable than a matte finish or a very glossy finish. I find I can even wear this in the daytime without looking extremely done-up.
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadow in Creamy Beige: Even though this is meant to be an eyeshadow, I've been using it to fill in my brows. The color just happens to be a perfect match for my hair color, so I decided to experiment. This works just as well as the more expensive, actually-meant-for-brows products I've tried, like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade. It stays in place all day, and gives a natural finish.


  • Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm: This is a gel-based lip balm, that goes on slippery and sinks into the lips for serious hydration. Plus, it smells like roses. It has a slight pink tint, but goes on essentially clear, and is very glossy. This is a nighttime lip balm for me.
  • Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sensual Body Lotion: Stop what you're doing, run to your local Bath and Body Works, and smell this lotion. It is the sexiest, most enticing fragrance I have ever worn. If only they bottled this scent and sold it as a perfume.
  • Living Proof Flex Shaping Hairspray: Living Proof has quickly become my favorite high end haircare brand. It is no surprise the products are amazing, considering the brand was co-founded by hair icon and human angel Jennifer Aniston. This hairspray holds my style throughout the day without being heavy or crunch. And it smells like heaven.

1 comment:

  1. So many great items! theBalm palette looks amazing - I love when there is a mix of shimmer and matte shades.

    Jana
    Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete