Tuesday, January 20, 2015

011. | Current Beauty Obsessions, Vol. 1


Today I'm sharing ten products that have been staples in my makeup bag for the past few months, Every day I've worn makeup, I've had at least one (but usually more) of these products on. Grouped together, these products are mainly neutrals and rosy tones that work beautifully together to create a fresh, wintry look. Keep reading to discover my faves!


  • Benefit Rockateur Boxed Powder: This is a beautiful, neutral rosy bronze blush. What makes this blush unique is that it gives the cheeks a natural flushed color while at the same time adding a sunkissed glow. (Think Victoria's Secret model cheeks.) Rockateur is extremely versatile in that it works with any eyeshadow and lip color, including extremely dark and/or bright shades. This is a must-have in any makeup lover's beauty bag.
  • Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer: Most days, I skip a formal contour and swipe this bronzer on for light definition and warmth. Sun Bunny is extremely natural and blends beautifully into the skin. When I do contour, I'll use a matte bronzer, and then dust this over top to blend out the contour and add color to my complexion.
  • NARS Madly: This blush is me. I am this blush. If I could only have one blush in my makeup stash, it would be NARS Madly. I have to actively force myself to use other blushes, or I would wear Madly literally every day. The color is a bronze with rose undertones. Contrasted with Rockateur, it is much darker and much more brown in tone. However, it is still neutral enough to work with many different eyeshadows and lipsticks. 


  • Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con Plush Shadow Palette, The Lolita: Over the past few months, I've barely used any shadows other than those in The Lolita. The palette is a blend of matte and shimmer neutrals that work perfectly with my skin tone. The quality of Marc Jacobs shadows is unlike anything I've used before. They're creamy and blendable, so much so that it's impossible to mess up your eye look. If I were to recommend one high end eye shadow palette, it would be The Lolita. Like weening myself off of NARS Madly, I'm now consciously trying to use my other shadows and palettes that have been completely ignored for the past few months. 
  • Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper: This is the most foolproof liquid eyeliner I've used. If you're new to liquid liner, this is a must-have product. The Tattoo Liner glides on seamlessly, and the thin brush gives optimal control. I have used liners that are blacker or more matte, but they have been much more difficult to use. On most days, this is my go-to because it's so easy and nearly impossible to mess up.
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: This mascara is my go-to for length and volume. When I apply two coats of this, it looks like I'm wearing false lashes. I don't wear this every day, because it can be a little too extreme if I'm not wearing a full face of makeup, but it is perfect for adding some drama to my look when I'm in the mood. 
  • Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Blacquer 42: I'm normally not overly excited about pencil liners. I use them mainly to line my top and bottom waterlines, or will occasionally do so a smudged liner smokey eye. The Highliner Gel Eye Crayon changed my outlook. This is the only product I've used that doesn't fade or smudge when applied to the waterline. If I apply it before a night out, it will still be in place when I get home hours later. Although it's durable and long wearing, it is still creamy, blendable, and extremely easy to work with. This is a deluxe sample, but I'll be purchasing the full size as soon as this runs out.


  • MAC Lipstick in Creme in Your Coffee: For starters, how adorable is the name of this lipstick? I think that's at least part of the reason I purchased it in the first place. Creme in Your Coffee is a dark rose brown. It is a Cremesheen formula, so it's very creamy and slightly glossy. Although this isn't a shade of Marsala, Pantone's Color of the Year, it does go along with the "new neutral" theme. It's deep and has rose tones, but is still wearable and not overly bright.
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadow in Beige-ing Beauty: This is another product I probably initially picked up because the name is just too cute. More importantly, Beige-ing Beauty is a shimmering beige. For me, it's not pigmented enough to wear alone. I've been pairing it as a shadow base for The Lolita. It is extremely long wearing and, for me, works better than traditional eyeshadow primers. 
  • Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naughty Nude: The La Creme Lipsticks from Too Faced are my all time favorite formulation of lipstick. They are super creamy and pigmented, and wear beautifully. I've been liking Naughty Nude because it is a true nude. It does not have pink or peach undertones. It can be paired with any eyeshadow and blush color. It's just perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post !!! had a great read !!

    love your blog !!


    would love to see you over on my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a nice day

    Jade
    xx

    ReplyDelete