Thursday, October 22, 2015

065. | Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Mad Max Brown


I'm excited to share a (relatively) new makeup product that I've been loving recently. The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is a cult favorite in the beauty community, and the brand has recently come out with a new shade, Mad Max Brown. After discovering the original Tattoo Liner in Trooper, a black shade, I got rid of all of my other liquid liners and exclusively used that. So, when I saw a new shade was released, I just had to buy it. Keep reading for photos and swatches!


The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is unique from other liquid liners because it does not have a felt tip applicator. Instead, the applicator is a grouping of extremely fine brush hairs. This gives the tip a softness and flexibility that most liquid liners do not have. Additionally, the tip is extremely slim and can easily be maneuvered into small crevices of the eye. If you find liquid liner difficult to use, try the Tattoo Liner. It's the easiest liquid liner I've ever worked with!


(I tried to photograph the applicator, but it is so thin and fine that my HD camera refused to focus.)

Mad Max Brown is a deep, dark brown that borders on black. To me, this color looks like dark chocolate. I like using brown liner when I'm going for a softer look. When I'm using light eyeshadow, I tend to choose brown liner over black. I also have light eyes, and the brown accentuates the color and doesn't give the harsh, sometimes overpowering effect that black does.

The Tattoo Liner has decent pigmentation and can be built up to be very dark. The finish is demi-matte. If I want an extra deep, pigmented line, I'll stamp over the liner with a similarly colored eyeshadow. The liner lasts all day on my lids (over primer), and can easily be removed with a cleanser or makeup remover.


I highly, highly recommend the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Mad Max Brown. A brown ink liner is something that most people may not think to buy, but almost everyone will benefit from. This is one of my go-to daily liners, and I know I'll be repurchasing this for years to come. Click here for more information and to purchase.

11 comments:

  1. Looks easier to apply (: I also prefer brown as a blonde
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good. I like thing liners, it is always easy to apply eyeliners with them:)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a clean, precise line!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the kind of liner I've been looking for. That tip would make applying lines so effortlessly.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. and this really doesnt budge! awesome product <3


    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m almost out of my liner and need to pick this one up to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unloveable idea of a dark brown eyeliner, could work really well with a taupe smokey eye. I've wanted to try the Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner for such a long time, it sounds so good!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!

    p.s. read how I met Victoria Beckham on www.dianacloudlet.com

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Tattoo liner. I love it. Great job for publishing such a beneficial article. Your blog information isn’t only useful but it is additionally creative with high content too. Now a days everyone looks for deal of the day products in online shopping .

    ReplyDelete