Tuesday, January 27, 2015

014. | Chanel Allure Eau de Toilette


As I've gotten older, I've stopped collecting multiple bottles of mid-range perfumes that I only somewhat liked, and have invested in one signature scent. For me, having one, high quality perfume that I always reach for is my favorite way to wear fragrance. I never have to worry about scents clashing or having expensive perfumes expire, from having sat around for too long. Plus, I like that people I'm often around identify one particular fragrance with me. And that fragrance is Chanel Allure Eau de Toilette.

Chanel Allure is warm, sexy scent that screams passion and seduction. As with most Chanel fragrances, the scent is rich and complex. The perfume is multi-faceted, meaning that it is cut like a diamond with six facets that overlap, with no single note dominating. The strongest notes I pick out are white florals, vanilla, sandalwood, and bergamont. Mixing these notes together produces an elegant, sophisticated scent with a heavy dose of sex appeal. Although I think that a perfume like this would work on anyone of any age, I will caution that it is more mature, and does not have any of the sweetness that perfumes targeted towards younger girls have.


Allure lasts for about six hours on my skin. Spritzing on clothing or in hair, it will stay fragrant basically until it is washed out. The longevity is great for a long day. Or a long night, if that's more your style. Allure also comes in an Eau de Parfum version, which is the same scent, but heavier and more concentrated, which is too overwhelming om me.

Finally, Chanel Allure comes in a beautiful glass rectangular bottle. The simple elegance makes it perfect to display on a vanity or dresser. Click here to purchase.

What is your signature scent?

No comments:

Post a Comment