In June, I published a post titled Five Longwearing Face Products for Summer, in which I talked about my favorite products for creating a oil-proof, sweat-proof base. Today, I'm following up that post with my recommendations for making your eye makeup last through the last of the sweltering days of summer. Keep reading for products and details!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance: Starting with the basics, a good eyeshadow primer is a must in the heat. Not only does primer insure that your shadow will stay in place, it also creates an even base applying and blending shadows. There are many good eyeshadow primers on the market, including the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, featured here. I recommend purchasing eyeshadow primer from a high end brand, as I've never found a budget option that works as well. The upside to this is that because you need only a tiny amount of product for each use, a single tube of primer will last for an entire year or longer. [Link to purchase]
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadow: In addition to using a good eyeshadow primer, using a cream shadow instead of a powder will keep your eye makeup looking flawless longer. Cream products adhere to the eyelid and most contain anti-creasing properties. If powder shadow is a must for you, simply apply it on top of the cream shadow to keep it from fading and breaking apart. Many brands offer cream eyeshadows, but not all are created equally. The Maybelline Color Tattoos are my favorite cream shadow option; they are smooth, longwearing, and affordable! Featured here is Bad to the Bronze, a shimmery cool toned bronze. [Link to purchase]
- L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner: I've found that gel eyeliner stays in place longer than liquid liner in the heat, especially if you're doing a cat eye or another intricate liner technique. To prolong the wear even further, take a matte eyeshadow in the same shade as your gel liner, and press it on top of your liner to set it into place. My favorite gel liner is the L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner. The line has five neutral, wearable shades in total. Featured here is Blackest Black. [Link to purchase]
- Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner: Luckily, gel liner comes in pencil form too! Gel lasts much longer than kohl on the waterline and on the lid. This liner from Bobbi Brown is my favorite. It glides on smoothly and with intense pigmentation, and I rarely need to touch up throughout the day. I have the Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner in Pitch Black. They have six shades in total, and I'm dying to pick up one or two more! [Link to purchase]
- L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara: I consider waterproof mascara a necessary evil. I don't like it. It never performs as well as non-waterproof mascara on my lashes, and it's a nightmare to remove. But, there are those days where it's hot enough to make my mascara melt. Those are the days I turn to waterproof mascara. I always purchase waterproof mascara from the drugstore because I don't like spending a lot of money on a product I'll rarely used. My pick is the L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof in Blackest Black. Side note, I absolutely love the non-waterproof version of this mascara! [Link to purchase]