Wednesday, June 17, 2015

039. | Five Longwearing Face Products for Summer


In the warmer months, having my makeup last and wear well throughout the day is my top beauty priority. For me, there is nothing worse than having streaky, patchy makeup running down my face. I've narrowed down five face products that hold up on my skin through heat, humidity, oil, and even sweat. Keep reading to achieve budgeproof summer makeup!

  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation: I wear the Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation year round, but I notice its staying power most in the summer. This foundation will stay on my face, without oxidizing or melting away, until I take it off with a makeup remover. Plus, it is a very high coverage foundation, so I am able to even out my skintone and cover any blemishes with a tiny amount of product. In the summer, less product is always more. Those with dry skin could probably get away without setting this foundation with a powder. [Link to purchase]
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray: The UD All Nighter Spray is somewhat of a cult classic, and for good reason. This product has been described as being "hairspray for your face" because it locks makeup into place and keeps it there. I don't use the All Nighter Spray every day, but it's great for when I need my makeup to last upwards of five/six hours. [Link to purchase]
  • theBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder: I love the Sexy Mama powder because it gives an almost airbrushed finish to the face. And, it keeps me matte most of the day. (I'll get a little shine in my T-Zone regardless of what powder I use, especially in the summer.) This is definitely my top high-end finishing powder. I've always been surprised that more people don't talk about it. [Link to purchase]
  • Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze: Last but not least is a newer addition to my makeup bag, but a favorite nonetheless. Sun Bronze is the most gorgeously natural bronzer I've ever used. And it is "waterproof." I don't think that this would stay on if you're actually planning on going under water, but it does have great staying power. Out of all five products, this is the one I'd recommend most - it is a beautiful product and retails for under $5! [Link to review | Link to purchase]

11 comments:

  1. I want that setting spray so bad!! :)

    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try the Urban Decay setting spray. I also love the Smashbox primer, especially in summer!
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, definitely going to get my hands on the urban decay setting spray this summer, everyone seems to love it! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great! I totally swear by Urban's setting spray. I hate how shiny sunscreen can make me so having a tight-holding matte finish is super important.
    xx, Pia
    http://gymbagandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that translucent powder! Love that brand!

    Follemente Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I've been eyeing the Rimmel bronzer for a while wondering if it was worth the purchase! I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder everyday (so I didn't have too much doubt)

    Thanks!
    www.thethingislemons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post !!

    had a great read :D

    love the design you have


    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post came in perfect timing. From the sound of it, I should get my hands on theBalm's Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray! I love it! It's amazing, and I have to use it sparsely though since it's hard to find here. Still, I love this post! I need to try Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation! It looks amazing!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've been eyeing the rimmel bronzer for a few weeks (not that i need another bronzer...), but it's great to see it featured on a blog post like this! i'll pick it up the next time it's on offer x

    Natalie / Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post. Good to see the Urban Decay All Nighter spray gets your vote of confidence, as I just purchased it today! I also wear Double Wear year round, so totally agree with that too.

    http://www.lalaldn.co.uk

    L x

    ReplyDelete