In the warmer months, having my makeup last and wear well throughout the day is my top beauty priority. For me, there is nothing worse than having streaky, patchy makeup running down my face. I've narrowed down five face products that hold up on my skin through heat, humidity, oil, and even sweat. Keep reading to achieve budgeproof summer makeup!
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation: I wear the Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation year round, but I notice its staying power most in the summer. This foundation will stay on my face, without oxidizing or melting away, until I take it off with a makeup remover. Plus, it is a very high coverage foundation, so I am able to even out my skintone and cover any blemishes with a tiny amount of product. In the summer, less product is always more. Those with dry skin could probably get away without setting this foundation with a powder. [Link to purchase]
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray: The UD All Nighter Spray is somewhat of a cult classic, and for good reason. This product has been described as being "hairspray for your face" because it locks makeup into place and keeps it there. I don't use the All Nighter Spray every day, but it's great for when I need my makeup to last upwards of five/six hours. [Link to purchase]
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Pore Minimizing: I love all of the Smashbox foundation primers, but the Pore Minimizing version is especially good at keeping the skin matte. Plus, the silicone texture of the primer helps foundation go on smooth and evenly. [Link to review | Link to purchase]
- theBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder: I love the Sexy Mama powder because it gives an almost airbrushed finish to the face. And, it keeps me matte most of the day. (I'll get a little shine in my T-Zone regardless of what powder I use, especially in the summer.) This is definitely my top high-end finishing powder. I've always been surprised that more people don't talk about it. [Link to purchase]
- Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze: Last but not least is a newer addition to my makeup bag, but a favorite nonetheless. Sun Bronze is the most gorgeously natural bronzer I've ever used. And it is "waterproof." I don't think that this would stay on if you're actually planning on going under water, but it does have great staying power. Out of all five products, this is the one I'd recommend most - it is a beautiful product and retails for under $5! [Link to review | Link to purchase]