Monday, June 1, 2015

032. | MAC Lipstick Haul


Lipstick is my absolute favorite makeup product. While I try to keep my makeup stash to a relatively reasonable size, my lipstick collection is enormous and continues to grow. MAC is one of my favorite lipstick brands because of their wide range of colors and formulations. Recently, I picked up three new shades from the MAC counter. Keep reading for photos and swatches!


The lipsticks I chose aren't exactly summer colors, but I tend to lean towards shades of nude, rose, and red year round. The first color I picked up is Bare Again, a darker nude with peach undertones. Bare Again is a Sheen Supreme lipstick, which means it has a glossy finish. Sheen Supreme lipsticks give the appearance of wearing a lipstick with a lipgloss on top. This makes Bare Again extremely wearable. It does not wash out my complexion, and doesn't require putting a lip liner underneath or a gloss on top.


The next shade is Capricious, a soft berry rose with subtle shimmer. On the lips, there isn't any noticeable shimmer, just a slight iridescence. Capricious is a Lustre lipstick, meaning the formulation is sheer and reflective. Lustre is one of my favorite finishes because it is easy to apply and maintain throughout the day.

The final color is chose is Hang Up, a dark red with berry undertones. Even though this is a bit dark for summer, I can never resist a good deep red. Hang Up is a Cremesheen lipstick, which means it is extremely pigmented and creamy on the lips. The berry tones in Hang Up make it wearable for many different skin tones. If you're in the market for a dark red, I recommend checking this one out.


All three of these shades are part of MAC's permanent lipstick range and can be found at any MAC counter or store, as well as maccosmetics.com. Bare Again retails for $18, while Capricious and Hang Up retail for $16.


Have you picked up any lipsticks recently?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shades, they will look great on you.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capricious doesn't get enough love online. It's one of my favorite lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete