Wednesday, October 1, 2014

001. | Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque


For me, the most essential part of any beauty routine is skincare. I find that when working with a smooth, clean, bright canvas, makeup applies easier, wears better, and looks more flawless. Instead of layering product on top of product to make my face look perfect, I prefer to take care of my skin and apply face products as lightly as possible. (Note: That isn’t to say that my skin is always immaculate. I, like almost everyone else, need foundation and concealer, etc., to achieve my desired look; and I most definitely have days and weeks of breakouts and redness.)

Using different masks and treatments is one of my favorite parts of my skincare routine. Once or twice a week, I try to use a deep cleansing mask to clear out my pores and rid my skin of any deeply lodged dirt and toxins. I started doing this regularly about two years ago, and my skin has improved dramatically since. Most recently, I picked up the Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque, and have been extremely happy with the results so far. Keep reading to discover why I love this product.




The Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque claims to purify skin and visibly minimize pores.  While I haven’t noticed a dramatic decrease in pore size thus far, I have seen that the mask has prevented blemishes and has brightened my complexion. The mask is formulated with Amazonian White Clay to draw out oil, dirt, and toxins from pores. Oatmeal and aloe vera is added to soothe the skin. The product is mineral rich, with ingredients sourced from the Marajo Island at the mouth of the Amazon River.

The product, unsurprisingly, smells purely like clay. It is a soft whitened-grey color that turns light mint green as the product dries on the skin. The directions state to apply a thin layer of product to clean, damp skin, allow to dry, and then remove gently with a warm washcloth. This is exactly how I’ve used the product, and the method works well for me. Overall, I highly recommend this mask to anyone looking to deeply clean pores and stop blemishes from forming. 


Recommended for: Normal to oily skin types.

Price: $23.00

Amount of Product5.0 oz.

Ingredients: Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Propanediol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Corn Starch, Phenoxyenthanol, Ceteareth-20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexlyglycerin, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oat Kernel Flour, Allantoin.

Where to Buy: kielhs.com, bloomingdales.com, nordstrom.com, saksfifthavenue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment